Instructions for the iron-on patches
* Do not use an ironing board and do not use steam! Use a table or counter top with a hard surface.
* Do not attempt to iron the appliqués on garments that cannot accept the highest heat setting on an iron. For example: leather, silk or nylon.
- Set the iron on the cotton/linen setting. Allow time for the iron to get hot.
- Place a terry cloth towel on the table or counter top. Place the garment on the towel.
- Position the appliqué(s) on the garment.
- Cover the appliqué(s) with a pressing cloth or a Teflon ironing sheet. After making sure that the iron is hot, place the iron on the pressing cloth and appliqué(s), using very firm pressure. Do not move the iron.
- Hold the pressure for 30 to 35 seconds. (40 to 45 seconds for heavy fabrics such as denim). The goal is to melt the adhesive on the back of the appliqué into the fabric of the garment.
- Pick the iron up and repeat the process for any unheated areas.
- Allow the applique(s) and the garment to cool. Turn the garment inside out and repeat the process.
And that's all there is to it! Of course, no iron on backing is 100% fool proof. If you're applying your patch onto a garment you know you will be washing a lot, the strongest application will come from sewing on directly with needle and thread. Our iron on patches can be sewn to, so you can make the decision that works best for you.
How to wash your new patch
Our patches are machine washable, but like any nice garment, they require extra care to stay nice. We recommend turning your garment inside out and washing on cold gentle cycle. Hang to dry.
If you are putting your patch to a new garment, wash the garment before attaching the patch to avoid issues with it shrinking.